Secretary of State Clinton showed up to answer tough and sometimes ridiculous questions regarding the deadly September 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya. In the process, she offered a tutorial for today’s young women.
1) When a man asks you a question and then refuses to look at you as you answer, just keep going. Don’t let his rudeness silence you.
2) When he interrupts you, return the favor.
3) When he says things you know are not true, correct him. Repeatedly.
4) When he attempts to bully you, mow him down with facts.
5) And whenever possible, smile. Nothing rattles an angry man like a woman who looks happy to annoy him.
Hillary Schools Congress and Teaches Girls by Connie Schultz on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent (via immlass)
You may not agree with a woman, but to criticize her appearance — as opposed to her ideas or actions — isn’t doing anyone any favors, least of all you. Insulting a woman’s looks when they have nothing to do with the issue at hand implies a lack of comprehension on your part, an inability to engage in high-level thinking. You may think she’s ugly, but everyone else thinks you’re an idiot.
(Source: smellslikegirlriot, via size10plz)